Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sept 14, 36 years ago

I remember it as if it were yesterday. My husband was still a student in college and we were living in Birmingham, AL. We were expecting our first child. I woke up in the early hours of the morning in labor. We headed to the hospital and I was sure he aimed for every pot hole on South 8th Street. It was the only way to go to St. Vincent's hospital. At 7:33 p.m. our first born child, a daughter was born. She was absolutely beautiful. Still in the delivery room, I told my husband let's have another!

She really was a beautiful baby - really. And, not because she was my baby and I thought so. Even others commented on how she looked like the baby on the Gerber jars. She had smooth pink skin and big brown eyes. I would sit by her bassinet and stare at her and watch her sleep. "For Hours!"

It was a joy to watch her grow. Her first steps, (holding those baby food jars). Her first tooth (finally, at 13 mos.) Her first day at school. Her first date, her first car. And becoming the woman God wanted her to be.

She was named for her Aunt and her grandmother and her name meant "the dwelling place of Christ." Today she is a beautiful women, with three children of her own. The meaning of her name has become true of her, for as she is serving the Lord on the mission field, He is able to reach out to others because he dwells in her heart.

Happy Wonderful Birthday, CB. We Love you! - mom and dad.
*

No comments: