Friday, September 4, 2009

This week in Rogers, AR

-Last Saturday, I helped out at the library's booth at the annual Frisco Festival. I was quite tired afterwards, from standing on brick pavement for 3 hours, but enjoyed it nonetheless. I was scheduled to work Sunday afternoon, but got off as a result. Friday evening before, I did do a walkabout and found a store for local "starving artists" where they can sell their wares. I'm going to keep that bit of information tucked away in the back of my mind.

-Today was my short Friday, so I went and picked up my antique (!) bicycle. I had taken it to the repair shope as it needed a new seat and new tires put on it. It is a J. C Higgins and over 50 years old. It's called a 'touring' bike, no gears, just brakes. I took it for a spin for a five whole minutes. BOY am I out of shape. But I look forward to more outings on my bike.

-Plans with company for this weekend fell through, so I made new ones. MG and I are driving to Harrison, AR to see another childhood friend of mine (VW) who has also moved back to Arkansas after many, many years!!! I don't think I have seen her since our wedding. I know we kept in touch for a few years, but she moved to New Jersey and that nixed seeing each other.

-Oh, I have heard back from my friend, CC. We have finally established contact through Facebook pages and exchange of email addresses. She has moved to OR and is looking for a place to settle down. So, she doesn't have access to the internet yet through her own computer. She has to go to the local library to get online. - Boy, I know how inconvenient that is. Been there, done that!

No comments: