Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Delivered to Heaven

In Memory of Georgetta Gannett, who passed into heaven yesterday.
(President's wife of my alma mater when I attended there.)


Just like a babe, delivered in pain,
Passed thru the waters and given a name
I’m welcomed by family, in Jesus’ name.
My journey to heaven is almost the same.

Death pains are only the labors of birth,
E'en passing through waters when leaving this earth.
My Father will greet me and welcome me there.
He’ll hug me and hold me with warm tender care.

I’ll put Jesus’ face to that wonderful voice.
I’ll breath in new air; I’ll cry and rejoice.
He'll show me my home prepared there for me.
New garments of white, are waiting, spot free.

I’ll drink from the fountain refreshing and clear.
Surrounded by family that I hold so dear.
The saints will rejoice when to heav’n I’m borne.
By angels I’m carried on that wonderful morn.

What a wonderful day when Jesus I’ll see
When to heaven I’m ‘birthed;’ delivered, and free.
Loosed from earth’s bonds, unfettered at last
Eyes looking forward, forgetting the past.

The dark of earth's "womb" aside `twill be cast.
The “Light of the World” I’ll bask in, at last.
For finally I’ve reached my heavenly home
Forever to be and no more to roam.

No comments: