Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Funny thing happened on the way to the market"

.
When we were expecting our first child, my husband was still in college and we lived in the married students apartments. One eve. M. had already gotten ready for bed when a commercial came on the TV talking about apples. A cold, sweet, juicy apple sounded so good that I talked him into changing back into his clothes and going down to the 24 hour grocery store and getting me a few.

When he returned, he had also stopped and bought some donuts. Well, I LOVE donuts, specially those kind!! They are almost a "weakness" for me, even yet. Now I had a dilemma. What was I going to do? He had inconvenienced himself to do something for his pregnant wife, only for her to refuse it for something else when he brought it home to her? How could I???

I looked at the apples, then I looked at the donuts! Apples will keep in the fridge, and even be cold by tomorrow. The donuts are better fresh. They don't keep. So donuts trumped apples and I ate the donut instead.

He changed back into his p.j.'s and went to bed...

No comments: