Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Master

.
When sin is my master, the world’s what I love.
When Christ is my master I’ve life from above.
For life as a sinner comes to a dead end.
No peace in my heart and no vict’ry within.
.....My old ways were filled with sin’s hatred and strife
.....Its wages are final and take away life.
.....When sin had dominion then death reigned in me.
.....But God is my master, yet I’m also free.

His spirit now fills me with his love and peace.
And life with the Savior - it never will cease,
For God’s Holy Spirit is living in me.
I’ll soon live with Jesus for eternity.
.....When led by the spirit, though unworthy of,
.....He fills me with goodness, longsuffering and love.
.....The spirit of God when he’s living in you
.....Will lead you from sin and enable you, too.

When Christ's second coming has all come to past,
Our struggles and tests will be over at last.
Then Satan’s dominion will come to an end.
Our conflict with Satan he cannot defend.
.....This cursed mortal body will someday descend.
.....Yet God’s Holy Spirit will raise it again.
.....And creation’s groanings will no longer be
.....When Jesus returns with complete victory.

Now your mortal body will someday fail you,
And your destination will be final too.
Oh life with the Savior’s, forever my friend
For once he redeems you His life never ends.
.....So who is your master? You must now decide,
.....For Jesus is waiting with arms open wide.
.....Receive his forgiveness he’s offering you.
.....Accept his salvation; his message is true.

-Suzanne Guinn
December, 2009

These thoughts come from Romans 6-8

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Didn't realize you're a poet! Perhaps we can get together Face to face in 2010.

penguinn said...

With you on the south end and me on the north end, maybe we could meet in the middle some time? LR? Or if you're out and about, or in/near NWA, we could get together. Keep in touch.