Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bloggers' Delimma

What does a blogger blog about if there isn't a specific theme, like their profession, or dedicated topic (faith, politics...), or other specialized blog? If it's just a general type blog what do you blog about?

I saw a report of someone bemoaning bloggers and people on social networking site who talk about going shopping, or going to work/coming home or other mundane activities of life. 'Who cares if you just got up or heading to bed?' was the complaint. Why would you want to announce to the world the minutia of life? Remember that anybody can read your blog. (Well some are subscribers only, but not all.) Do you really want the whole world to know you just got up???

So, do you use it as a soapbox to let off steam? Or do you use it as a creative writing outlet, like your latest poem (guilty!) Or should a personal blog be used to vent about what is going on in politics, entertainment or the front page, complain about ______________? You fill in the blank. Or is it your e-diary?

I don't blog (obviously) very frequently on this blog because of some of the reasons given above. Many thoughts and ideas go through my mind - especially when I'm not sitting at the computer, - of things that might be good to post. But life gets busy and time goes by without getting them posted. I don't even always have time to read all my email - partly because I get so many forwards, or email from places of business that now have my email address. I probably delete more than I read. By the time I check my email, the news and FB, I don't have the time to think about what to blog.

Well today, I do have something I want to post. And believe it or not, it came from an email forward. But I thought I would put it here and not take the time to forward it on to others. If you read this and want to look into it, you may. If you don't want to, that's fine. And you will not have to worry about forwarding it on to someone else.

This is thinking outside the box! Whoever is the marketer for this Dutch business has a good imagination. Here it is. Enjoy.

Now, here's my poem 'for the day.' Actually the pastor mentioned the first three lines in his sermon today. I just added the 4th, as this is what I could 'hear' in my head as he was speaking - as if it was going to be the next thing he said. It wasn't:

When life is overwhelming,
When life seems to be unfair,
When life has taken your joy and peace,
Remember that God is there.

"by Ron Fields/Suzanne Guinn"

Well, good night folks. I'm going to bed. (well, soon anyway.)
.

No comments: