Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rogers Art Guild

.
Last year I joined RAG, (Rogers Art Guild), partly because I need to get back into my art and this will be a way to motivate me. I really don't have a lot of time to devote to it, and I can't even attend most of the meetings. But with one Monday off a month, once in awhile it falls on the meeting day. So I have been able to attend 2 meetings now since last fall.

Their Annual Spring Show (which is juried) is in May. I had experimented with some abstract art and some "science fiction" type pictures - very uncharacteristic for me - this past year. So I framed three items and submitted them. We'll see what happens. I don't expect any awards, there are a lot of very good artists in the guild. Judging is May 3rd.

If I could figure out how to post pictures on the blog, I'd post pics here. I'll see what I can do.

No comments: