Monday, May 3, 2010

Rogers Art Guild update

.
I know, you want to know how the judging turned out. So, no, I didn't win anything. But I really didn't think I would. The judge is an art teacher from MO. She was very helpful and gives suggestions how to make your picture even better. :-) She gave me some very good suggestions for mine.

The Best in Show was also my favorite of all the paintings. It was of an Amish girl and her dog - a very good display of atmosphere, feeling as well as compositon, values etc. She was standing in the shade of a tree, facing her dog and he to her. You could almost "hear" her talking to him.

The judge discussed several of the paintings to the members. It was very instructive to hear the comments she made. Congratulations to all the winners! Job well done.

Here's my favorite of my three. It is called The Potted Plant:



This next one is called The Grocery List. Have you ever just 'scribbled' all over the page, overlapping lines and circles, then colored in the spaces? This piece it taken after that idea.




This last one is a result of cataloging too many science fiction at the library. All three of these piece are outside of my usual style, but especially this one. It is a little on the weird side. Whoever saw green water with yellow foam, or red rain??? It is called What is Reality.





ENJOY!

No comments: