Monday, July 15, 2013

Sleep - oh elusive sleep

I know, I know, I know!!! as you get older you're suppose to sleep a lot or not get any! But this is ridiculous! A couple, no three years ago I had a sleep study and the doctors discovered I had restless leg syndrome. I was put on a prescription which helped quite a bit but not entirely. The Rx was changed and I could really tell a difference.

Yet it seemed like I was still tired all the time and yawn excessively all day. Well now, a 2d sleep study has been scheduled, as well as my Rx changed again to the 3d medicine. I do think it's working even better than the 2d one. But my hubby did mention this morning that maybe I do have sleep apnea. "They" had said no before. But I have continual sinus drainage year round although some months seem worse than others. It could be the drainage fills my head so much that it temporarily blocks my breathing.

I'm waiting on the establishment of an appointment So we'll wait and see what we learn from that. I get tired of being tired and want to sleep on my days off. One Sunday I came home from church at noon - went to bed - got up only for bathroom breaks and supper then went back to bed. I didn't get up until 6:00 the next morning. And, I SLEPT, too.

Hopefully we're on the right track of figuring this out. Working full time really takes a big bite out of time to do anything at home!