Monday, December 29, 2008

Blessings

As I have gotten older, and accumalted more "stuff" - I have come to the conclusion that I don't need "things" to be happy or even for gifts. They just add to the clutter that I don't want to get rid of but don't need. So, I have begun giving gifts that ARE consumable (sorry, Mom). So today was a day full of those kinds of blessings:

I was in the Kansas City area today and had lunch with friends.
SH picked up the tab. (Her Christmas present to us.)(Thank you, SH)
MJS gave me a tin of cashews. (She knows me well - and that's an understatement!) I munched on them, on the way back to Arkansas. (Thank you, MJ)
JR came along but actually provided the transportation! (Thanks, JR. I'm so glad you came with us.)

We had a wonderful time, caught up on news - of family, of friends and of course of CBC - our common link as we all either do or did work there. We had a good time and plan to do it again - soon, we hope.

Then, after a brief moment at my daughter-in-law's house, I headed back to Arkansas. I arrived home about 7, safe and sound. (another blessing.)

Before I left Kansas for KC, my son helped me load my truck with some more 'earthly goods'. His help was most appreciated. (I also stopped by a friend's house the night before and she gave me a treat - some homemade cookies and candy! Ah, a consummable gift! and I munched on them today, too.)

So today was a day full of many blessings! I am a richer woman today than I was yesterday! I am most blessed. To God be praised, "even in the good times" (so to speak).

[Extra two cents worth: why did I say 'even in the good times'? Because - since it's easy to praise God when things are good, we tend to not even acknowledge Him at all. And it's just as important in the good times as it is in the "not so good" times. Ok - that's a little extra sermonette thrown in free. OR maybe it was just rabbit chasing.]

No comments: