Thursday, December 25, 2008

Welcome to the Arkansas Pilgrim

Today is Christmas Day, 2008. Today is the first day of my new blog. I have decided to create a new one and not to delete my old one, thus preserving my blogging from my first professional position as librarian at Calvary Bible College and Theological Seminary.

The name is generic and unique enough that I can continue to blog no matter what happens in my professional life. I came up with the name because I grew up in the Ozarks of Arkansas and to where we have returned to live. There is a song associated with the state called Arkansas Traveler. But as a christian, I thought of a similar word that ties the two together: Pilgrim from Pilgrim's Progress whose main character is Christian, therefore -voila- Arkansas Pilgrim!

This blog will allow me to post things connected with my profession, but also give me a broader scope to post personal events, comments, musings on whatever is going on in my head and anything else that comes along. This may be of interest to no one or of interest to more people than in the past.

For now I am posting a poem I wrote recently. As we celebrate Christmas, this is a thought we need to keep in mind. Although this is't a typical Christmas poem, per se' the point of the message applies. I hope you enjoy it. Later on I may add another verse or two. May you have a truely blessed Christmas:

It's not about me, it's all about Him.
It's not what I want, or my latest whim.
It's about Jesus who is holy and true,
Who longs for our praises from me and from you.

He is the one who is worthy of praise;
To God be glory, His anthem we raise.
He loved us so much He gave us His son.
We'll priase Him forever for what He has done.

The glory is His, none of it's mine
His name's forever, mine's for a time.
My heart if sinful, His heart is pure
His way to heaven is holy and sure.

New verse:
So this Christmas time let's worship the Son,
For Christmas is when it all had begun.
God sent His Son to die on the tree.
He made Himself flesh so we might be free.
.................................SG, 2008
*
*
**Here's wishing you a very blessed and merry Christmas.**
*
*

No comments: